Hyundai Santa Fe V6 wont idle

DRIFTERDRUMMER
  • 2004 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
This issue started a week ago. Hard to start but after starting it would cut off if I took my foot off the accelerator. I replaced plugs and wires and the same result. Crank and run only with my feet on the pedal. Took it to Oreillys got it scanned and they came up with a P0202 code. Cylinder 2 injector malfunction. What stumps me that I can crank it and soon as I release the pedal it dies. Could it be the throttle position sensor or what they call the ETS? I am totally lost now and need any and all the help I could get. I plan to clean the throttle body first. Can anyone give me some direction? Your help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!
Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 AT 7:45 PM

SATURNTECH9
I would be looking at the wires to the number 2 injector since you have the code to the number 2 injector.
Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 AT 8:09 PM
What you're describing is simply an idle speed that's too low. The symptoms are you need to hold the accelerator down 1/4" for the engine to start, you don't get the nice idle flare-up to 1500 rpm at start-up, and it will tend to stall at stop signs. Most of the time that is the result of the Engine Computer losing its memory because the battery was recently disconnected or run dead. Often there is a set of conditions that must be met to trigger the relearn to take place. I only know that for Chrysler and Mitsubishi products you must drive at highway speed with the engine warmed up, then coast for at least seven seconds without touching the pedals. Other brands have their own set of conditions, and many will do the relearn without you doing anything. Before you look for difficult or expensive stuff, I would stop in at the dealership and ask one of the mechanics if there is a certain procedure. I would not talk with the service writers because most of them never were mechanics, and there is a good chance they won't know if there is a procedure or what it is if there is one.
Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 AT 8:15 PM
I forgot to mention, the throttle position sensor tells the Engine Computer where you put the throttle with your foot. It has nothing to do with engine speed, and it has about the least impact on fuel metering calculations of all the sensors.

Also, inspect the wires and connector terminals for injector number "2". (Hi Saturntech9)!
Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 AT 8:19 PM