REPLACING BRAKE ROTORS AND PADS

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe

gauravkumar

March, 10, 2010 AT 1:31 AM

Brakes problem
2006 Hyundai Santa Fe 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

Hello there,

Has any one replaced the brake rotros and pads for the 2001-2006 Santa fe? If so, how easy is the job from 1-10? I am planning to repalce them myself.

Do I need to bleed the brakes when I change the rotors and the pads?

Also, do I change all four rotors and pads? I have a steering shake at highway speeds and a little griding noise from the front left? Do I change all four or just the front 2? Also I am thinking of getting drilled rotors?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Jacobandnickolas

May, 23, 2010 AT 12:49 AM

If you are just replacing the brakes and rotors, there is no need to bleed the system. As far as the rotors, if you feel the shaking in the steering wheel, chances are only the front rotors are warped.

If you need directions, let me know.

Jacobandnickolas

May, 23, 2010 AT 12:50 AM

If you need directions, let me know.

Jacobandnickolas

May, 23, 2010 AT 12:51 AM

If you need directions, let me know.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy