Engine Mechanical problem
2007 Hyundai Getz V12 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 28000 miles
I have a hyundai click 16v automatic with 28000 miles. Normally runs very good but change the oil and the oil filter and timing belt, in the other day the engine started a very loud clacking noise like a tap writing tik tik tik. I suspect that a lifter may have failed. It sounds like it is coming from the engine area. Please note the particulars below:
1. Engine is making a VERY LOUD Clacking noise that is consistent with engine rpm.
2. Plugs are not fouled.
3. Oil is good.
4. Does not overheat, coolant level okay.
5. No visible leaks on/around engine
6. No smoke from tailpipe.
7. Engine can be started/stopped normally.
8. Same noise whether A/C is on or off.
9. CEL came on when problem started.
Can anyone possibly give me any additional information/ideas on what may be causing this and if it is a lifter, how can they be changed? Will the mileage on this car make it worth fixing?
Thanks and I look forward to your relplies.
i use castrol magnatic oil 10w-40
also use the oregenal hyundai oil filter
Saturday, July 17th, 2010 AT 4:18 AM