2001 Hyundai Elantra Calipers

TYLERS_DAD
  • 2001 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
I have a 2001 Elantra Gt it has all disk brakes. My sisters boyfried recently changed my rear brake pads and he took the caliper apart on it and now it looks like he cross threaded the pins that go into the caliper and they turn, Also the brakes were so tight that the wheel wouldnt turn.I drove about 50 miles home and the brake where still so tight they smoke. Can I change those slide pins and my brakes go back to normal?
Thursday, May 21st, 2009 AT 6:11 PM

The pins are replaceable. However, if they are stripped, that is a problem. Some parts stores will have a self tapping oversized replacement that can be used to repair it. If not, you will need to have it drilled and retapped if an oversided slide is available. NOTE: If the brakes are smoking, you shouldn't be driving it. You will cause additional damage to other components.

Friday, May 22nd, 2009 AT 1:21 PM