1994 Honda Prelude Engine isn't getting fuel ~HELP~

STRAIGHTSHOT08
  • 1994 HONDA PRELUDE
I have a 94 honda prelude that I just recently got my head re surfaced and a valve job done because cyclinder 1 wasn't getting compression because I had 2 bent valves which I got fixed about 2 months ago.

I put the head back on yesterday and for some reason its not getting fuel to the engine, also before I took my head off my car it ran so I don't think it's the fuel pump or I don't know help!

Also I checked my compression in cyclinder 1 and it's still not getting any. I called up the person who did my machine work and he said that the engine needs to be started so the valve can come down or something like that, Is this true?
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009 AT 7:49 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi straightshot08,

Thank you for the donation.

After replacement of cylinder head, quite often the groundings at the thermostat housing is forgotten or not securely tightened. Check that out.

Check if the Check Engine Lamp comes on and goes off after 2 seconds. If it is not bright, the above mentioned grounding should solved the problem.

The next item to check would be the PGM-FI main relay. Quite often it fails intermittently resulting in no power supply to fuel pump. Listen for fuel pump operations at ignition key on, it should prime the system for 2 seconds. If the fuel pump is not working, test for power supply from PGM-FI main relay.

If there is no power supply to fuel pump, remove realay and check circuit board for cold solders. Resolder the joints and the relay should work.

The low or no compression could be due to leaking valves or piston rings. Did you check the valve clearance after assembly? This engine does not utilise hydraulic lifters so there is no such thing as to run the engine to get the valves down.
After lying around for extended periods the piston rings might be dry resulting in no compression. Pump some engine oil into the cylinder via the plug holse and crank engine without the spark plugs to get the oil to the rings. Retest compression.
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 AT 6:28 AM