1989 Honda Prelude My Car Won't Start Now.

ALBERTJAMES
  • 1989 HONDA PRELUDE
1989 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

I was on the highway crusing 65 miles per hour, all of a sudden the car feels like it is going to stall. And I notice the tack omiter bounce. So I pull of the road and just down the road less than a minute later the car stalls. Therefore, I figure I ran my car down to low on oil and sure enough it was low, very low. I then put 2 qts of oil in it and was able to drive the car back home.
The car ran fine for a few days then I drove it turned off the engine and went to start it again and it would not start, I put gas in it due to it being low in fuel.
The started but did not make it but a block away and stallled.
I let the car sit for a few minutes and tried to start it and it started.
Now I got it home and my husband changed the rear fuel filter and it started once after that.
After changing the fuel filter I started it up and put it into nuteral and the car died as though I had truned off the car key.
Now it will not start at all. Can you give me some input from what I told you above I would be so greatful.

Thank You,
Tina
Saturday, August 16th, 2008 AT 12:16 PM

Check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump
Saturday, August 16th, 2008 AT 12:23 PM