Resetting the security

SHAKMOTORS
  • 1997 HONDA PASSPORT
Computer problem 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 103231 miles

I had to replace the battery. Now the car will not start. When I turn the key on, the dash lights all flash a few times, then nothing will work. How do I reset the computer after the battery has been replaced? I tightened the battery cables and that didn't work. You asked if I have the keyless remote, and the answer is yes I do. What next?
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 AT 5:24 PM

KHLOW2008
The best thing to do is to remove the negative battery cable and hold it to the positive cable for 5 minutes this will discharge the security system capacitors and let the system hard reboot. Then reconnect the battery and while using the remote unlock the car it should start.

Close all doors and use remote to lock and unlock at least twice.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
-1
Sunday, February 1st, 2009 AT 12:45 AM
SHAKMOTORS
Thank you very much. The keyless remote procedure worked and the vehicle starts ok. However, if we exit it with the motor running, it automatically locks the doors. Then it goes back into the lock outphase and we have to do the procedure again. Is there a way to disable this security system?
+1
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 12:47 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi,

Under normal circumstances the anti-theft system should be deactivated when ignition switch is turned to ACC or ON position. The system should not be activated when engine is running.

In this case, when ignition switch is turned to ON, it is not being recognised by the anti-theft system so it could be some problems with the wiring circuit or a faulty ignition switch.

Are the radio, door mirros and cigar lighter working when ignition switch is turned to ACC?

I have the anti-theft control unit wire connector in the diagram and you should check for power supply to terminal # 18 when ignition switch is turned to ACC.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_AlarmConnector98Passport_1.jpg

Does using the key to open the front door or tailgate deactivate the anti-theft?
-2
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 1:59 PM