Acura Legend overheating/ leaking

SLIMSEVILLE
  • HONDA
My 1992 Acura Legend overheated and died on me the last time I drove it. I noticed when I was driving that my heater would not blow warm air. I added water to it but it didn't look like any was taken in by the engine. I also noticed that there is an oil leak now and it may be leaking coolant. I think my head gasket may be blown and my thermostat may not be working either. The car will still start up easily but I am not driving it in fear of doing more damage. Any ideas? Thanks.
Friday, March 10th, 2006 AT 10:30 PM

BRUCE HUNT
Any smoke from the exhaust, such as white. Try to locate the leaks. Is it leaking from the area of the head gasket? When you said you added water but the none seemed to be taken in by the engine, I assume that you added it to the overflow. Open the radiator cap and see if it takes coolant in and how much. Track that leak down. It may need to be running to figure it out.
Monday, March 13th, 2006 AT 6:13 PM