REAR WINDOWS DON'T WORK**

2003 Honda Odyssey

RAFAELN

September, 1, 2010 AT 11:53 AM

2003 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

Hello there,
My two rear windows don't open. When I push the button I can hear the sound trying to open but they don't. I've tryed pulling/pushing but it don't seem to help. Can I resolve this or I need to take it to a electrical place?

thanks in advance!

September, 1, 2010 AT 12:28 PM

Hi RAFAELN,

If you hear the motor running but the glass are notmoving up or down, the regulators are bad and you need to send it to a mechanic, not the electrician.

RAFAELN

September, 1, 2010 AT 12:41 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply, but it is not the glass going up or down, i'm having issues with the two back windows/flaps that open in and out.

Thank you!

September, 1, 2010 AT 1:03 PM

Sorry for the mistake. Since motors are running, it could be a fault with the linkages and is not an electrical fault. To check the linkages, you would have to remove the trims.

RAFAELN

September, 2, 2010 AT 8:57 AM

No problem and excuse my ignorance, but after I remove the trims, what would be the next step, what will I need to inspect directly?

Thank you very much you guys are great!
Rafael.

September, 2, 2010 AT 9:36 AM

After removing the trims, operate the motor and see if anything is out of the ordinary.

Ensure the windows are not stuck due to inactivity for prolonged periods. While operating the window switch, get someone to manually push the glass to assist the motor to see if it works.

Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
DRL Light Bulb Replacement