2000 Honda Odyssey Alternator

MISTERSQ
  • 2000 HONDA ODYSSEY
2000 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

No matter what I do, I can't get the %$$## new alternator installed. It looks exactly like the old one. There is only 2 bolts, but I can't get both in, it seems to be hitting the timing cover above.
How do I but the belt on and get this thing installed?
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 10:21 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi mistersq,

The belt is installed after the alternator has been mounted and not before.

I do not understand why you are not able to install the alternator unless it is not of the correct type.

ALTERNATOR
Removal
1 . Ensure you have the anti -theft code for the radio and the navigation system. Write down the
frequencies for radio's preset buttons.

2 . Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, and disconnect positive cable.

3 . Remove the alternator/compressor belt.

4 . Disconnect the alternator 4 -pin connector and Black wire "B" from the alternator.

5 . Remove the mounting bolt "A" and alternator bracket mounting bolt "B". Remove harness
clamp"C" from alternator bracket.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_AlternatorRemoval00OdysseyFig12_1.jpg

Installation
1 . Install in the reverse order of removal.

2 . Enter the anti -theft code for the radio and navigation system. Enter the customer's radio station presets.

3 . Perform the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) idle learn procedure, and power window control unit reset procedure.

4 . Set the clock.

+1
Sunday, October 18th, 2009 AT 2:33 PM