2003 HONDA ELEMENT CAR WON'T TURNOVER

• dentalcusp
  • 2003 Honda Element

2003 Honda Element 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 116, 00 miles

My Element starts up every morning. If car sits for more than 24 hours it acts as if it has a very weak battery and barley turns over. After a couple of tries the car starts up and no more issues until it sits for more than 24 hours again.
Replaced battery with a new one but same results.
Brought car to honda dealer, they checked the sysytem and gave me back a printout showing everything is okay from battery--alternator to starter.

I also checked for anything that might be draining battery like a light left on but can't find anything that is being left on.
Can anyone tell me what may be the cause?

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 AT 4:40 PM

• rasmataz

Could be bad connections, starter motor slipping or it has an excesive parastic draw

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 AT 4:49 PM
  • hotrox189

I am having a similar problem. Except I replaced my battery about 8 months ago with a cheap Walmart battery). Sometimes it turns over, other times it does not. Usually when it is warmed up is when it doesn't turn over and I have to let it sit. It is getting worse. Battery, alternator, starter all tested ok at AutoZone

Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 9:33 AM