REPLACING BRAKE PADS

2004 Honda CRV

dzikiewicz

August, 17, 2010 AT 10:02 PM

Brakes problem
2004 Honda CRV 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 88783 miles

I just purchased some OEM replacement brake pads for my vehicle. As I was removing the old pads, I had to take off something called the pad springs first. The pad springs are inserted into some tiny holes in the brake pad. The springs help push the pads away from the rotor.

The replacement pads that I purchased do not have the little holes for the springs. I wonder if those have to be drilled manually or if the springs are really necessary. Maybe I have the wrong part. I am waiting for a response from the retailer to confirm that I have the proper part. They are exact except for the hole.

This is my first brake job and I thought I would get some answers before I went any further.

Honda Tech 1818

August, 17, 2010 AT 10:28 PM

They gave you the wrong pads, it should have tiny holes in it and you shouldn't have to drill it. Your 2004 CRV front pad part # is 45022-SCV-AOO.

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3