1999 Honda CRV

SAMMIB
  • 1999 HONDA CRV
Yesterday, the check engine light in my 1999 Honda CRV came on while driving on the highway, and intermittenly blinked on and off. At first I didn't notice any change, but when exiting the highway, my vehicle began to shake violently when at a complete stop. The vehicle then began to lose power when accelerating. After parking the vehicle and popping the hood, the entire engine compartment was shaking and I noticed a faint high pitched noise. At the time, I was unable to pin point where the noise was coming from. I assumed it was my exhaust manifold or gasket, but would appreciate any help. Also, before this happened, my vehicle was stalling when braking/acceplerating for quite sometime until it warmed up. I am unsure if this is related.
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 12:17 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi SammiB,

When the MIL comes on, it normally should be steady and not blinking. There might be a fault with electrical supply interruption based on your symptoms.

As the MIL had showed, I would sugest getting a scan done to verify if there are any trouble codes stored. You can get a free scan done at Autozone. LEt me know the exact trouble code.
Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 AT 3:50 PM