1999 Honda CRV

• 1 POST
  • 1999 HONDA CRV

1999 Honda CRV 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 136000 miles

Yesterday, the check engine light in my 1999 Honda CRV came on while driving on the highway, and intermittenly blinked on and off. At first I didn't notice any change, but when exiting the highway, my vehicle began to shake violently when at a complete stop. The vehicle then began to lose power when accelerating. After parking the vehicle and popping the hood, the entire engine compartment was shaking and I noticed a faint high pitched noise. At the time, I was unable to pin point where the noise was coming from. I assumed it was my exhaust manifold or gasket, but would appreciate any help. Also, before this happened, my vehicle was stalling when braking/acceplerating for quite sometime until it warmed up. I am unsure if this is related.

Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 12:17 PM

Hi SammiB,

When the MIL comes on, it normally should be steady and not blinking. There might be a fault with electrical supply interruption based on your symptoms.

As the MIL had showed, I would sugest getting a scan done to verify if there are any trouble codes stored. You can get a free scan done at Autozone. LEt me know the exact trouble code.

Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 AT 3:50 PM