IT HAS A SHUDDERING FEELING WHEN YOU HIT 45M

1998 Honda CRV

TCBNFLASH4

April, 3, 2008 AT 12:52 PM

Engine problem?
1998 Honda CRV 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

It drives just fine, except when you hit the 45mph mark. It shudders for quite a while until you either let off the gas or give it more.
1. I have had the tires and alignment checked and rechecked. FINE. I even put on new tires.
2. I have had the engine checked. All is fine, except for a reading of a " 4 cylinder misfire".
3. I had the ball joints and front end checked and they checked out to be FINE.
The mechanic that checked the enginefront end is very good and been in business along time. He told me that he didn't think that the valve problem/ misfire was causing this problem and suggested I have the trans checked. Was going to do that next. Until I started having another problem. Suddenly cuts off. While driving down the road. When you Pull off the road it starts right up and runs just fine. May go a week or more before doing it again.
Read info on this and it sounds like an Ignition switch problem. Do you think this ignition switch problem is related to the first problem I mentioned above?
This car runs just great except for these things.
My email is TCBnFlash4@aol. Com and any info is appreciated.

lostinmars

April, 5, 2008 AT 7:23 PM

Just fixed one just like this. Have someone pull your front axles out and check them closely. This one had a bad rf axle

Replace Tie Rod End
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars