IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ENGINE WHICH DIED FROM LACK OF OIL?

Honda Civic

K.Kat

August, 1, 2006 AT 3:04 PM

Hi, hope you all don't mind questions from someone who doesn't know a heck of a lot about cars-- would like to learn though and would be great to have a place where I can get second opinions on things.

My beloved 93 honda civic cx (122000 mi) recently died from lack of oil-- dont worry, Ive already kicked myself for not checking before I left on a trip. On the other hand-- it somehow lost ALL its oil in a period of 2 months so something was not quite right with it.

Anyway I'm considering buying it back from person I sold it to, who was able to repair the engine, rather than replace it. I have no reason not to believe the guy did a good job and knows his stuff. The car seems to be running beautifully and it shouldnt leak anymore.

However Im wondering if theres anything I should look out for, might there be any kind of irreparable damage from having run out of oil that could cause a problem later on? Are there any good questions I should be asking before I buy the car back?

I know with an old car theres always the chance something else could go wrong. Just want to be reasonably sure that there's no big red flags I should be aware of.

thanks 8)

Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT