99 - RANDOM STALLING?!

1999 Honda Civic

99hondacivic

September, 1, 2006 AT 11:35 AM

I am driving normally and suddenly the speedometer drops to zero and the cars just stalls?
The car has about 70k on it. It happened like three times. The first time it happened I was going about 10 mph and the third time I was going about 55 mph. I just had the car tuned up also! Basically the car just stops responding to the gas pedal. I have to pull over, switch to park (the shift then locks at this point) and then take out the key and then put the key back in and start up the car again. Also sometimes the car starts up with a 2 second delay (like the cranking sound). Could it be the fuel filter? How much does that cost to change by a car shop and how much can I change it for and how do i(i know nothing about cars)? Thanks!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Bruce Hunt

September, 4, 2006 AT 8:13 AM

I would say that you got a check engine light to come on. Right? We need to know what the code is.