98. WILL NOT START!

1998 Honda Civic

eleydad

February, 11, 2006 AT 10:59 AM

The battery went dead when the car was unused for a few months. When I recharged the battery it failled to turn the engine over so we attempted to tow start the car. The engine refused to start and all you can hear is a clicking sound comming from around the glove box. Could this be something with the emobiliser or a fuse? Any tips would be appreciated. The clicking seems to come from the same place as the click heard when the engine management light goes out.

Hitek

February, 11, 2006 AT 11:49 PM

The first thing is the battery, second is the starter.

mvannessjr

February, 13, 2006 AT 7:41 AM

If the battery has been dead long enough and it zero's out it won't take a charge at all. It probably needs replacing anyway. Start there.

dalehuff

February, 18, 2006 AT 6:58 AM

Ive had the same problem before when my 98 Civic EX sat in storage for 2 years. Couldnt even jump start it because the battery was so dead. Try replacing the battery or take it to Autozone and have them check it. By the way, I dont think you can tow start these Hondas. I know, because I tried the same thing.

Regards,

Dale

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe