HONDA CIVIC 98. WILL NOT START!

• Eleydad
  • 1998 HONDA CIVIC

The battery went dead when the car was unused for a few months. When I recharged the battery it failled to turn the engine over so we attempted to tow start the car. The engine refused to start and all you can hear is a clicking sound comming from around the glove box. Could this be something with the emobiliser or a fuse? Any tips would be appreciated. The clicking seems to come from the same place as the click heard when the engine management light goes out.

Saturday, February 11th, 2006 AT 10:59 AM

• Hitek

The first thing is the battery, second is the starter.

Saturday, February 11th, 2006 AT 11:49 PM
  • Mvannessjr

If the battery has been dead long enough and it zero's out it won't take a charge at all. It probably needs replacing anyway. Start there.

Monday, February 13th, 2006 AT 7:41 AM
  • Dalehuff

Ive had the same problem before when my 98 Civic EX sat in storage for 2 years. Couldnt even jump start it because the battery was so dead. Try replacing the battery or take it to Autozone and have them check it. By the way, I dont think you can tow start these Hondas. I know, because I tried the same thing.

Regards,

Dale

Saturday, February 18th, 2006 AT 6:58 AM