Wipers not working

GUNGANC
  • HONDA CIVIC

Wipers were working, stopped at a store, restart car and wipers do not work and fuse was blown. Replaced fuse and tried wipers again and the fuse blew immediately. Replaced motor and fuse and retried wipers. No luck and fuse blown again. Any ideas?

Tuesday, July 18th, 2006 AT 8:48 PM

BRUCE HUNT

The switch for this is in the steering column and is easy to get at and it is easy to replace or take apart. I would take it apart and look at it. I have done this several times and had good luck with repairing it. Mostly for the ones I have taken apart a good cleaning and everything went back together and worked fine.

Thursday, July 20th, 2006 AT 4:04 PM
BETHANY0721
  • 1999 HONDA CIVIC

Four cylinder 93,700 miles

my car was stolen, and when I got it back black and gold plastic pieces were all over the floor board and my windshield wipers will not turn on. Everything else works, so my question is, how do I fit these pieces back together to fix my wipers? Do I need a new wiper engine or is it just an easy electrical fix?

Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 AT 4:55 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008

Hi bethany0721,

You need to find out if the wiper motor is still attached to your car. Check for a blown fuse. If it operates only in fast mode, then you need to check the intermittent relay.

TIMH310
  • 2000 HONDA CIVIC

Four cylinder front wheel drive automatic 100,000 miles

i got in my car last night and I had a bit of snow on the windshield. I started the car and turned the wipers on. They must have had a bit of ice cause they moved a bit then I shut them off cause I assumed they were stuck with ice. I shut them off and cleaned off the ice and let car warm up. Then I went to turn on wipers and nothing they did not even flinch. When switch is on motor does not even make a sound. I checked the fuses and they appear to be good. Help!

MERLIN2021

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_civic_2.jpg

FRONT WIPER MOTOR TEST 1. Open hood. Remove wiper arms. Disconnect front wiper motor 5-pin connector. Using jumper wires, apply battery voltage to wiper motor terminal No. 4 (Green/Black wire) and ground terminal No. 2 (Blue wire). Ensure wiper motor operates on low speed. See Fig. 11 . Go to next step. 2. Using jumper wires, apply battery voltage to motor terminal No. 4 (Green/Black wire) and ground terminal No. 1 (Blue/Yellow wire). Wiper motor should operate on high speed. Replace wiper motor if it fails to run smoothly. See Fig. 11 . If wiper motor operates as specified, go to next step. 3. Connect analog voltmeter positive lead to terminal No. 5 (Blue/White wire), and negative lead to terminal No. 3 (Black wire). With wiper motor running at low or high speed, voltage should pulse between zero volts and 5 or more volts. Replace wiper motor if voltage does not pulse as specified. Fig. 11: Identifying Front Wiper Motor Connector Terminals (Civic Shown; Others Similar) Courtesy of AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. Page 1 of 1 WIPER/WASHER SYSTEMS -2000 Honda Civic DX 1/31/2009

+1
TIMH310

I go the cowl off and the whole bracket that holds the pump and the wiper arm where all broken and cracked off. The pump was just lying the in the hole not attached to anything but the wiring harness. Is that bracket a dealer item only? Where can I get one? Thanks

MERLIN2021

Usually, best bet is the local junk yards.

NICOLLE
  • 1997 HONDA CIVIC

Two wheel drive automatic 120,000 miles

Hi there, about one week ago during a snowstorm, after clearing the snow and ice from my windshield and wipers, when I turned on my wipers only my driver side wiper would work. Then about two days ago after/during another storm the same thing happened only now neither of them will move. I can hear that the motor still works and they jump a little bit. However, they will not lift and start working/moving. My rear wiper still works (I state this because I do not know if they are connected). I changed my actual wiper blades and they still do not work, can you make any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

HEC
  • 1997 HONDA CIVICHONDA CIVIC

This is a 19 92 honda civic dx, 227,000 km, four cylinder, sixteen valve engine is all I know. The wipers stopped working. I turn the knob low, high, it does not matter there is no response. Yet if you pull down on the wiper lever the blades go on until you let go of the lever. So that makes me think the motor is okay. I checked the fuse, it was fine. Is the problem in the switch in the steering column? How does one repair that? Is there another fuse I should be checking? Any suggestions are welcome.