Civic Compression

DUKESLOWRIDE
  • HONDA CIVIC

92 honda civic vx. 102k miles. 1.5L vtec

I just ran the compression test. For the dry test the results were: cylinder1: 195psi (6 cranks) 2: 200psi (7 cranks) 3: 200psi (8 cranks) 4: 200psi (8 cranks)
wet test results: cylinder 1: 220psi (7 cranks) 2: 230psi (8 cranks) 3: 230psi (8 cranks) 4: 230psi (7 cranks).

I was told that it should be reading 125-135psi on the dry test. Why do you think it is consistently reading so much higher?

Sunday, September 16th, 2007 AT 8:34 PM

Carbon build-up in the combustion chamber will raise the compression pressure or a head resurfacing job.

Try engine decarbonizing-might work

Monday, September 17th, 2007 AT 5:43 PM
DUKESLOWRIDE

Try engine decarbonizing-might work[/quote:41c1d4845f]

How do I do engine decarbonizing? And if I need to buy anything what do you recommend buying?

Monday, September 17th, 2007 AT 8:48 PM

Try engine decarbonizing-might work[/quote:efac132c08]

Thanks[/quote:efac132c08]

In today's high tech-everyday is new stuffs-check Autozone or Napa and select the best and follow instruction. Or just bring it in and have them do it -they got the machine.

Monday, September 17th, 2007 AT 11:16 PM