CAR WON´T START

• javallem
  • Honda Civic

I recently, disconnect my honda civic 2001 38,000miles, stereo due to malfunction.

Now the car wont start, when I turn the ignition, in the first step of the process everything seems normally (all the usual lughts turn on etc), then when I turn all the ignition to start the car, the car does not start, and some clicking noices appear behind the dashboard.
When I turn the switch to off, all the gauges become crazy, moving up and down, and the odometer turn on and off accompanied by a clicking noise, do you know if this is because the stereo is not connected? Any help.

Monday, January 8th, 2007 AT 6:44 PM

• Bruce Hunt

Did you happend to note in this saga that you touched a wire to ground with a spark or two? Just disconnecting the radio would not cause this snafoo. Tell us the rest of the story and check the main fuse under the hood in the fuse box.

Monday, January 8th, 2007 AT 9:37 PM
  • javallem

Thanks for the reply.

Forgot to tell you that the guy that disconnect the stereo also cut the arnes (cables).

At the beginning the car started and worked normally but the next day it started the first time but the second time I tried to star the car, this crazy things started to happen

Haven t see any spark due to a cable grounded, but it doesn t mean that it doesn t happen.

I spoke to the stereo guy and he told me that everything is going to behave ok, after he connect again the stereo, and reboot the computer, but his argument didn t convince me, any other idea?

Tuesday, January 9th, 2007 AT 10:32 AM
  • Bruce Hunt

Which wire or cable did he cut and was it still live? Is the radio back in and by resetting the computer he is talking about clearing the car computer?

Tuesday, January 9th, 2007 AT 2:19 PM
  • javallem

He simply cut all the stereo cables (the entire stereo arness), he just put some tape on some of the cables and leave the others without tape.

I can t belive he do that, he says that he needed the arness to make the stereo work outside the car.

He says that the plant security system, the car computer and the alarm most of the times provoque this kind of symptoms, he is sure that in the moment he put back the repaired stereo averything is going back to normal. I m not that sure.

Wednesday, January 10th, 2007 AT 12:41 PM
  • Bruce Hunt

First of all I would be furious with him for his unprofessional methods.

Second, I would make sure that he will stand behind any repairs that are necessary to restore the vehicle to it former state if necessary.

Good Luck!

Wednesday, January 10th, 2007 AT 1:33 PM