90 Honda LACKS POWER AT TAKEOFF

MRUNCLEMIKE
  • 1990 HONDA CIVIC
I HAVE A 90 HONDA CIVIC, 190,500 MILES, 1.6L CFI.
I'VE DONE A LOT OF WORK TO IT, REPLACED WHOLE DISTRIBUATOR, TIMING BELT, COMPLETE TUNE UP INCLUDING, PLUGS, WIRES, CAP, ROTOR, OIL, OIL FILTER, FUEL FILTER, AND PUT A NEW STARTER ON IT.
FROM BEFORE ALL THAT IT ALWAYS LAGGED TAKEING OFF FROM A STOP. BACK THEN I PLUGGED A COUPLE VACUME LINES AND GOT A LITTLE MORE POWER AT TAKE OFF AND HAS ALWAYS HAD GOOD POWER AFTER 10MPH.
ALL THAT WORK I'VE DONE HASN'T HELPED THAT PROBLEM AT ALL, I STILL HAVE TO PLUG A VACUME LINE OR TWO TO GET MORE POWER FROM A STOP.
THE VACUME LINES LEAD TO A BANK OF SENSORS OR SERVOS ONTHE PASSENGER SIDE FIRE WALL. I THINK THEY MAY BE CAUSEING THE PROBLEM BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHAT THEY DO OR IF THEY ARE REALLY THE PROBLEM. ANY IDEAS?
Thursday, November 22nd, 2007 AT 11:50 PM

RODNEYD
Hello, are you shore that you timed it right exactly because I have a 1994 Honda Civic EX and I had a problem like this and it turned out it was the timing belt wasn't adjusted right. You have to get the top pulley to where the up word on the pulley is facing up and the to lines on the pulley are exaclty even with the edge of the head and you have to get the bottom pulley (which is the crank pulley) adjusted right by putting the number one piston top dead center. Then put your belt back on and the crank pulley and see if it fixed it. And if this doesn't help make sure your distributor is adjusted right. But I hope this helps you, bye.
Friday, November 23rd, 2007 AT 6:20 PM
MRUNCLEMIKE
THANK YOU RODNEYD FOR YOUR REPLY. I AM GOING TO CHECK THAT. IT WAS DOING THE SAME BEFORE I CHANGED THE TIMING BELT, IT'S UNLIKELY THAT TWICE IT WAS PUT ON WRONG, BUT I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN BEFORE. ON THE ASSUMPTION THAT THE TIMING BELT IS CORRECT, ANY OTHER IDEAS? WHEN I DO ADJUST THE TIMING I HAVE TO MOVE THE DISTRIBUATOR ALL THE WAY ADVANCED TO GET DECENT RUNNING OTHERWISE IT WANTS TO DIE. AGAIN I'LL CHECK THE TIMING BELT BUT IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS I'D LIKE TO HERE THEM. THANKS AGAIN
Friday, November 23rd, 2007 AT 7:57 PM
RODNEYD
Hello, your car is doing just like mine did. I had to turn the distributor counterclockwise all the way just so it would pull. And than when I fixed my timing belt I could adjust the distributor to way it is suppose to be and it had alot more power. But it sounds alot like your timing. If this doesn't help you feel free to tell me and I'll try to help.
Saturday, November 24th, 2007 AT 7:05 PM