2008 Honda Civic Warped front rotors

• 2 POSTS
  • 2008 HONDA CIVIC

Brakes problem
2008 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 21,840 miles

At 7,000 miles I braked hard to avoid hitting a deer at 65 MPH and my car jerked left. Around 13,000 miles I braked hard in traffic and my car swerved right. In between that time I began to feel vibration during normal braking in the front wheels and sterring wheel. I took my car into the dealer at 21,840 (7 month old car & all highway miles) and they told me I needed a front brake job.
They said the rotors had hot spots on them and it was due to normal wear and tear. Shouldn't ABS have helped prevent this problem to begin with? I have not had this problem on any of my past vehicles during the past 13 years of driving about 140 miles per day for work. I am worried about having to replace the brakes every 15,000 miles or so on this vehicle.

Sunday, October 5th, 2008 AT 9:03 PM

Have you considered that possibly your dring habits may have changed? You drive faster, you brake harder, you brake more often than needed. Sometimes we ride the brake. Maybe you have become more stressed in your driving habits which puts a lot of wear and tear on the brakes and other components. 80 to 90 thousand is more what I am getting for brake life.

Monday, October 6th, 2008 AT 11:07 AM