2005 Honda Civic RANDOM MISFIRES!

• 2005 HONDA CIVIC

2005 Honda Civic Automatic

I recently purchased a 05 Honda Civic EX 2door and I didn't know it at the time, but I soon found out that the engine has some sort of problem. First, I thought it was just something about changing the car oil and changing the oil frame, but soon after I did those 2 things to my car it still didn't work. The problem is the engine is misfiring. I took it to Napa Auto Parts and they put the check light engine tool in to figure out what was wrong and it come out with random misfires. I've tried a couple of things to it, but it still didn't work. I'm wondering if you guys can help me figure out what is wrong? Do I need a new alternator because I think that the alternator isn't putting enough power into it, so it's causing the random misfires. PLEASE HELP.

Monday, June 16th, 2008 AT 3:32 PM

Get the alternator load tested and follow up with P0300 code could be vacuum leak or bad gas.

Misfires can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel

Tuesday, June 17th, 2008 AT 4:53 AM