2004 Honda Civic Rad fan doesnt turn on unless manually tur

• 21 POSTS
  • 2004 HONDA CIVIC

Engine Cooling problem
2004 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

My car started overheating about a week and a half ago. It doesnt do it all the time, just randomly and with no real cause I can pin point. I am a P.I and sit for long periods of time and I have never had a problem? Yesterday I did an hour drive, sat for approx. Five hours at idle, left and did about an another hour drive and everything was fine. Parked briefly, then started my car and it began blowing hot air through the A/C and overheating. Once I drove it, it stopped overheating, until I idled again then it would start after about ten minutes or so. Then I left again did about an hour and a half drive and eveything was fine again. I swapped relays and checked the fuses, piggybacked the fan, and bypassed the switched with a paper clip and the fan will not turn on unless I turn the fan blade manually, then it kicks on and stays on. My coolant is good and I've tried tapping the fan motor and that doesnt cause it to turn on either, only manually spinning the blade will work. I'm assuming that the motor is going out on the fan but just wanted a second opion. Also the fan doesnt come on when the A/c is turned on wither but the condensor fan does.

Thursday, May 20th, 2010 AT 8:27 AM

Replace the radiator fan its defective

Thursday, May 20th, 2010 AT 8:44 AM