2004 Honda Civic door locks

PETER8695
  • 2004 HONDA CIVIC
2004 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2004 Honda Civic. The other day I noticed that the interior door handle on the passenger rear door stopped working. The door will not open from inside. Also, when I lock all doors with my remote control 3 of the 4 doors lock except the rear driver door. However, the door locks if I do it manually. Lately I noticed that this faulty door lock also does not unlock when I use my remote control. It does however unlock manually from inside. I'm not sure if the door handle on the pasenger rear door stopped working same time as the rear driver side door lock mechanism, or if this is a mere coincidence. Any advice or help would be great.
Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 8:59 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi Peter8695,

Both should be unrelated.

The front passenger door inner handle lnkages is most likey to be disconnected or broken somewhere. You need to remove the door panel to check.

The rear driver side not not locking or unlocking is either due to a bad door lock actuator or wiring fault. Again the door panel have to be removed to test/check.
Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 3:02 AM