2002 Honda Civic Multipl Cylinder Miss Fire

DAVIDSELLERS
  • 2002 HONDA CIVIC
Good Afternoon! I have a 2002 Honda Civic EX that is running horrible. My problem started on my way to work 1 morning when I attempted to pass a slow driver. As I pulled into the passing lane my car begain to surge and hesitate as though I was losing fuel. I took it to a buddy at a auto shop and we hooked the car up to their computer. The computer read that the catylast system failed and that there was a miss fire in every cylinder. I place new plugs in the car and put on a new converter and 02 sensors. This did not solve my problem! A mechanic there at the shop said that it could be the fuel pump and filter or the EGR valve. I replaced the fuel pump and filter and nothing chenged. I was just wanting a second opinion on the EGR valve before I buy the part and that not work. Do you have any ideas?
Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 AT 12:28 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi davidsellers,

After the repairs and replacement of parts, did the Check Engine Light still show and what are the trouble codes present?

Did you erase the trouble codes after repairs?
Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 AT 11:29 AM
DAVIDSELLERS
Yes, I cleared the codes, but they came right back on once I begain to accelerate out of the parking lot. The code that it is pulling is a missfire in 1, 3, 4 and a multiple cylinder code P0300.
+1
Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 AT 12:29 PM