MY CAR WON'T START

2000 Honda Civic

tellis85

August, 18, 2008 AT 8:58 AM

2000 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

My car recently decided not to start. I drove it about 15 miles to my destination, parked the car, and when I got back in about six hours later the engine would turn over, but would not start. When it turns over, it sounds just like it would any other time, but the engine never starts. I've already checked the fuel filter, the distributor cap and rotor, and the fuses for both the fuel pump and fuel injectors. The spark plugs are a little corroded, but I guessed that if the problem was the spark plugs I would have had some indication earlier, such as mis-firing. Over the past six months or so I have occasionally heard a rough sound that would come in burst of 1-2 seconds, but I was never able to ascertain the origin of the noise. The noise may or may not be related to the problem. I would appreciate any help you could give. Thanks!

August, 19, 2008 AT 10:25 AM

Hi tellis85,

I would suggest checking the main relay.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement