1999 Honda Civic would a failing driver's door actuator cau

MFERNA14
  • 1999 HONDA CIVIC
1999 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 220K miles

Hi there,

Would a failing driver's door actuator cause the other doors to not lock/unlock, or are most likely all 4 door hosed up? Could you please inform me about this as only my car drivers's side lock/unlock is working. I checked the switch and then the Door Lock Control unit. Both are working fine. Checked them in my friend's car of the same model and type. I see the fuse are fine and Wiring seems to be ok. Can I check that the wring and actuator of the other 3 door are ok from the harness of the door control device. What can be the problem? I appreciate any answer and if possble could you please email me just the doors cirucit diagram.
Sunday, February 15th, 2009 AT 9:14 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi mferna14,

Here you are.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PowerLock99Civic01a_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PowerLock99Civic01b_1.jpg

Thursday, February 19th, 2009 AT 2:30 PM
MFERNA14
Thursday, February 19th, 2009 AT 9:06 PM
KHLOW2008
The driver's door lock actuator can be used for locking but not unlocking the other doors.

From the diagram you can see that if the lock is faulty, it would not provide power supply to the driver's door lock switch so it can cause the other 3 doors not top lock or unlock.
Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 7:44 AM
MFERNA14
Thank you very much for the feedback and the answer, I realy appreciate your help and hope to get the door working. I will go according to the diagram which will really help and hope to tell you that all my door are working once again. Thanks a million and what a good & hellpful web site you guys have

MF
Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 8:35 PM
KHLOW2008
You are welcomed and thank you for the compliments.

Feel free to drop by anytime you got any questions.

Hope you get the problem solved.
Saturday, February 21st, 2009 AT 6:19 AM