1999 Honda Civic Please diagnosis my poor baby of a car!

ANGHAY
  • 1999 HONDA CIVIC
My check engine light started going on (and shaking a bit) while I was driving on the freeway. The car's temper gauge would go up everytime I hit the gas. I tried to coast on the freeway, which allowed the gauge to go down. I drove for about 5 miles before puling over. I pulled over and a hint of a whitish/transparent smoke started coming out of my engine. I tried to start the car again and it started but quickly died. 10 minutes later I tried to start it again and the car would not start.

I got it towed. Put some oil in it (the engine had what I believe was coolant all over it), and the car started up smoothly. It ran, I didn't even go half a mile and it started shaking again. I didn't want to risk it so I parked my car and haven't ran it for almost a week.

Someone. Please help! Is my car a lost cause or should I put a few extra dollars into it to fix it up?
Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 AT 10:03 PM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

It sounds like you may have just blown a radiator hose. Fill radiator and have someone start vehicle while you look for leaks. If leak is bad enough you may not need to start the vehicle. Were does it look like it is leaking from describe as best you can. Post findings here.

.
Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 AT 10:35 PM