1999 HONDA CIVIC CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AUTOZONE READ SCAN CODE

• rashidmaroof
  • 1999 Honda Civic

1999 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 83K miles

My 99 civic dx automatic starts up but then stalls, it will keep running if I give it gas but stalls when I take my foot off the gas pedal?

I took that 99 civic to autozone and advanced auto parts and they ran a scan on my check engine light (CODE=P1509) and they both independently said that it is the " idle air control valve". This is the first time that I ever attempted to work on a car myself. So I took out the iac valve and cleaned it with carb. Cleaner cleaner. After reinstalling it I started my car up a few times and it started up and stayed running. Then I drove it around the block and it did not stall when I took my foot off the pedal at low speeds. So I thought the problem was fixed. But when I went to move the car out of the diveway 30 minutes later, the same exact problem came back. The car stalled after being started, and it will keep running if I give it gas. I have also put a can of fuel injector cleaner in my gas tank.

Sunday, September 6th, 2009 AT 11:07 AM

• F4I_guy

Replace the idle air control valve.

Monday, September 7th, 2009 AT 10:57 AM
  • rashidmaroof

Hello, I went ahead and changed the iacv but the problem persist. Engine will start and then stalls at idle only, will keep running if you give gas.

Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 AT 3:08 PM