1999 Honda Civic Alarm

ACROXFORD
  • 1999 HONDA CIVIC
When I use my key to get into my carthe alarm goes off. My keyless entry remote is not working and I tried a new battery and it still doesnt work. When I put the key in the dorr to unlock it, the alarm goes off. It will stop after a few seconds. Then I get in and when I put the key in the ignition, the alarm goes off again. Do I need a new keyless entry? If so where can I get it for cheap? And sdo I have to get it programmed to my car? If not, whats wrong with my car?
Thursday, January 15th, 2009 AT 2:13 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi acroxford,

I would suggest reprogramming the remote to see if it helps.

DISARMING SECURITY SYSTEM

Without Remote Transmitter (EX, HX & LX)
Enter vehicle, turn ignition switch to ON position and press disarm/valet button located on left side of dash. The disarm switch will also disarm the system after alarm has been triggered.

PROGRAMMING
REMOTE TRANSMITTERS

NOTE: Up to 3 transmitter codes can be stored in keyless receiver unit memory. If a fourth code is entered, the first code stored will be erased. It is important to maintain time limits between steps, otherwise process will need to be repeated.

1. Turn ignition switch to ON position. Within 1-4 seconds, aim transmitter at vehicle and push lock or unlock button. Within 1-4 seconds, turn ignition switch off.
2. To program next transmitter, within 4 seconds, repeat step 1. Confirm that door lock actuators can be heard every time a transmitter code is entered.
3. Within 4 seconds after programming last transmitter, turn ignition switch to ON position. Within 8 seconds, aim transmitters at vehicle and press lock or unlock buttons. Confirm door lock actuator operation after each transmitter entry. Turn ignition switch off. Remove key and confirm proper operation of transmitters.
-1
Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 2:41 AM