1998 Honda Civic keyless entry

PJINGV
  • 1998 HONDA CIVIC
The keyless entry gizmo has started to work intermittantly. There is no pattern to the problem. It sometimes works and sometimes does not. It doesn't matter where I stand; in front, in back, either side, or close or farther away. I have replaced the battery twice just in case I may have gotten a bad one. No change. Any thoughts?
Sunday, January 27th, 2008 AT 5:06 PM

TOPGUN1226
I had an issue like this with my original keyless fobs that came with the car when I bought it in 00. I recently (about a year ago) replaced my fobs with one from an eBay store - used, but had a new battery included - and that seems to work a lot better - and I get better range too.

It seems like it's a different "model" of keyless fob, perhaps for the 01 model or they just updated the original 00 model, but it works pretty well, very pleased with the 30 bucks I spent on the new fob.
Tuesday, January 29th, 2008 AT 11:54 AM
JAYBEPR
Hi, I have a litle question, is the 1999 Civic Keyless remote FCC ID#A269ZUA106 compatible with my 1998 LX that from factory use a FCC ID#A269ZUA101
I have no remotes at this time but I have the OEM Radio, I think that all LX models with OEM radio accept Keyless remotes, can some one correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Saturday, February 2nd, 2008 AT 12:43 AM

Sponsored links