1997 Honda Civic Check Engine Light On -

• 1 POST
  • 1997 HONDA CIVIC

1997 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 11300 miles

I have Honda Civic 1997 EX model car with 113k miles on it.
Very Recently when I found that its making lot more sound than usually very silent during its drive, I took it to MIDAS for a check up. This problem came although I recently got oil change and other regular fluid check up done at Jiffy Lube.

Midas made few recommedation and as per that I got it Muffler replaced.
Also along with this as per their suggrestion for maintenance purposes I got Exhaust Gasket, Tail Pipe, Half Shaft and Tie Rod replaced.

After all these replacement I found that Car is back to its normal sound while driving -but suddently within a week of time, I observed a small sound coming as if it would come if some part of car is touching ground and making a sound while I would press for Gas pedal(although I dont see anything touching ground). Although this sound comes very occasionaly when I start engine and start for pressing for gas for first time. So withing 3-4 days of this sound, one day I saw that when I started the car engine, Engine Check Light Was on. And its there now. Although car seems to running normal. But this sound and engine check light is disturbing me. Pls advise on what next step I can take at this moment- after spending close to 4 figure $s. I dont know what to do with this now.

Sunday, April 13th, 2008 AT 4:45 PM

Go to Autozone and have them pull the engine code.

Monday, April 14th, 2008 AT 1:30 PM