1995 Honda Civic Please help. I am pulling my hair out!

SKRUBLIFE
  • 1995 HONDA CIVIC
1995 Honda Civic 4 cyl Automatic

Okey.I have a 1995 Honda Civic with a 1.5 V-TEC in it. Here is what happened. I had it parked and moved it to the other side of the street to install new fog lights. After doing so, I got in to leave and now it won't start. WANTS TO, but just won't. I have put on a whole new destributer on it because it is not getting spark. It still is not getting any. I have checked all fuses and connections. Now I am just waisting money. I am at wits end here. I had just bought the car and only had it for less than a week. It drove fine as rain. Please help me. Thanks
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 4:15 PM

F4I_GUY
Was this distributor used or new? Have you checked the wiring.

Do this ICM test, this will help you see if you have all the proper wiring to the ICM.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/276698_igniter_4.jpg

Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 5:17 PM
SKRUBLIFE
Yes the distributer I just put on is new. And still nothing. My car is set to street race so alot of things have been taken out of the compartment to lighten up the car and the battery is in the truck (all is how I bought it) so the wirering is all a lil odd to me. Did notice two wires, one from distributer, both going into the distibuter one way or another were cut and (badly) spliced together. I am thinkin it has to be somethin stupid that would be easy to fix but I just keep missin it.
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 11:13 PM
F4I_GUY
Well then go over all the spliced and cut wires and solder and heatshrink them. You probably have a weak connection somewhere.
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 5:21 PM
SKRUBLIFE
My car was taken to Cangany's Emertons today. They have worked on all of my familys cars since I can remember and are very good people. Within a few hours it is already in the shop. Just waitin till tomarrow to hopefully find out what is up. I will let ya'll know what was wrong with it. Thank you much
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 3:36 PM
F4I_GUY
No problem, hopefully the repair bill isn't too much.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 7:12 PM
SKRUBLIFE
Won't be anymore than what I have already spent on pits and pieces lol
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 11:39 PM