My dad disconnected the wires by pulling them out from above the spark plugs. I drove the car unknowing that they were out. It was sputtering and shaking when I gave it too much gas. My dad found out and checked the wires again. He said they were plugged back in. I hadn't touched them. He pulled out the wires completely and about two weeks later tried to get the car to start again. Unfortunately it won't start. We've replaced the spark plugs with really good new platinum tipped plugs. All new wires and a new rotor. The distributor cap is new as well. We've tried two firing orders as per what websites have told us. I have no idea as to why it will start and have no way of taking it to a mechanic. If you can give me your opinion on what to replace that would be greatly appreciated.
have the same problem?
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 5:15 PM
By removing the spark plug wires and running the vehicle you have successfully blown the ignition and possible the ICM.
I would replace both items just to be on the safe side.