1995 Honda Civic

TARONKARCZEWSKI
  • 1995 HONDA CIVIC
My car slows down automatically. When its in nuetral you have to really shove it to get it to move. Someone says its the timing belt. Can you help me out?
Saturday, March 21st, 2009 AT 3:56 PM

F4I_GUY
Can you better explain your problem here.

Is the vehicle automatic or standard? What do you mean you have to really shove it to move? What are you 'shoving'? Why is the vehicle in neutral why you are driving in the first place?
Sunday, March 22nd, 2009 AT 12:45 PM
TARONKARCZEWSKI
When the car is in drive it slows down rapidly. I think it has to do with the ebrake. When its off and in nuetral you have to put all your weight into it to get it to roll down the driveway which any other car rolls down when put in nuetral. Its an automatic. Im pretty sure it was a problem with the ebrake as the rear brakes were starting to smoke and were scalding hot after driving about 3000 feet. This happened twice yesterday. I let the car sit for three or four hours in a parking lot and let the wheels cool down. The same night I picked it up and it drove like brand new again. So, really my question is Is this related to the ebrake?
Sunday, March 22nd, 2009 AT 7:54 PM
F4I_GUY
How many clicks are on your e-brake?

If it is less than 5 your rear brakes or parking brake is adjusted way too tight and is causing the rear shoes to drag against the drum.

It may not be e-brake related, but it is definately an adjustment issue with either the brake shoe adjuster or the parking brake adjuster.

Hope this helps.
Monday, March 23rd, 2009 AT 5:54 PM