1992 Honda Civic can't figure it out

• 1 POST
  • 1992 HONDA CIVIC

1992 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 200k miles

I have a 92 civic lx and I just replaced the distributer, plugs, and wires and it still will not fire. The check engine light stays on and the fuel pump works but doesn't get any power. I have checked all fuses and the main relay and the all look to be good. My uncle believes that someone might have tried to start the car without the key and that the security system shut down the electrical functions of the car. I'm a bit skeptic on that. I don't even know if it has a security system. Could this be the issue or is there something else that is causing this?

Wednesday, June 11th, 2008 AT 3:07 PM

Hi charliesapp123,

If the check light stays on and does not go off in 2 seconds after the ignition switch is turned on, normally you would not be able to start the engine. If it goes off then comes back on, it would be sensor problem and most probably you would be able to start.

Check the following.

1. Main relay. Highest possibility.
2. Loose ground at engine, near thermostst housing.
3. Faulty ECU.

Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 6:49 AM