1991 Honda Civic

• 1 POST
  • 1991 HONDA CIVIC

1991 honda civic 230,000 was doing a radiator swap and was still leaking trans fluid so I took it back apart to find the leak had the upper radiator hose off but didnt have enough fluid drained when I started it and antifreeze went every where so I shut it off to put hose back on then went to restart and would not so I checked to see if it was getting fuel and was not so fuel pump or relay I looked under the hood for a relay and under the dash no luck or is there one or just the fuel pump plese HELP

Saturday, October 6th, 2007 AT 6:04 PM

• 17 POSTS

Hey Bandito, You must be having one hell of a day I suspect. :):).
RELAX! I'm sure it's nothing serious!
I not sure how you checked to see if the motor was getting fuel but I really don't think that's the problem.
I'm sure that the problem is water/antifreeze got into your distributor. You might want to either take the distributor cap off & blow dry the distributor or just let it dry over-night & try starting it 2moro. Also check the fuse panel under the hood for blown fuses. If none are found, leave the cover of the fuse panel off to let the moisture evaporate.
FYI- The main fuel relay for your car is right above the hood release lever under the dash. It's secured by 1 or 2 bolts. It's very hard to find. So look closely! The relay will either be gray, brown or black & is abt 2.5 inches wide.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

Saturday, October 6th, 2007 AT 6:38 PM