1990 Honda Civic 1990 Honda wont start

• 2 POSTS
  • 1990 HONDA CIVIC

1990 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 245000 miles

I have a 1990 Honda Civic DX hatchback 1.5l 4 speed manual. When I turn the ke on all the dash lights come on and when I turn the key over nothing happens now I know the battery and alternator is good there new and the car ran with no problems befaore this and right before it died I could not run the headlights with the car running at the same time cause all the power would be draind and the car would have no power and would stumble till I turned off the light s now all the dash lights stay liy and nothing will happen it did half cfrank but not a full every ten seconds whe I held the key over but now nothing the ecu is flashing 20 times reading the ELD please help me.

Friday, February 6th, 2009 AT 8:17 PM

Hi honda_man18,

You need to check the charging rate at both alternator and battery to see if the alternator is providing the correct charge and if the battery is getting the charge. A bad wire connection could cause the problem.

Regarding the dash lights, with ignition ON, are all dash lights showing and do they flicker or disappears when you try to crank?

Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 3:13 PM