POSTITIVE TERMINAL WAS LOOSE, A WEEK LATER CAR WON'T START

• JD908
  • Honda Accord

I have a 1991 Honda Accord LX. About a week ago I was having a problem with loosing ALL power when trying to start. After focusing on the negative battery terminal for a while. I decided to check the positive and the cable came off the terminal with no force at all. Literally came off with my hand. After cleaning and tightening, I had no problem. I did notice recently the lights dimming, now tonight the car would not start, all I get is a click and when left in the start position a faint sound of power. Did the battery drain from the positive terminal barely being on the battery for probably a very long time? Battery is about 3 years old and cable was probably loose since then.

Thursday, November 23rd, 2006 AT 10:25 PM

• Bruce Hunt

Have the battery checked for its ability to hold a charge and when you have a fully charged battery have the charging system checked. That should be what you need but remember to keep the grounds and all terminals tight.

Friday, November 24th, 2006 AT 11:40 AM
  • JD908

Turned out to be the starter, thanks for the help! : )

Friday, November 24th, 2006 AT 6:26 PM