GIRL NEEDS HELPS W/SIMPLE TUNE-UP HONDA ACCORD 00

• lexicon1
  • 2000 Honda Accord

Honda Acccord 2000 v6
Changed oil 7/26/07

mileage: 108k

Your tune-up directions are too difficult. I can change tran gasket, oil filter, spark plugs, and air filter.

Dealership told me that I need to:
flush out brake fluid and power steering fluid, how?

My car runs okay, what is necessary right now for a 108k Honda Accord (tune-up)? I can do some things if it's not too heavy.

Mechanic told me to change my AC filter so my exhaust won't smell so bad. Truthful?

Thursday, July 26th, 2007 AT 7:28 PM

• angelflan

Right now just change the plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter. Also (depents on the condition) the distr cap and rotor. Succes with your tune-up, not so difficult

Thursday, July 26th, 2007 AT 7:56 PM
  • Bruce Hunt

Check the belts for wear and cracking. Did they do the timing belt replacement yet? I wouldn't worry about flushing the brakes and power steering. The A/C filter. It is not about the exhaust but what it allows inside the cabin with you. I am going to email you a section on the replacement of the filter for future reference when and if you decide to do it. It also covers a lot of other areas as well. Good reference materials.

Friday, July 27th, 2007 AT 8:19 AM
  • ranrex1

Bruce,
I just joined the forum, and your post was one of the first that I read. I also have just purchased the 2000 Honda Accord V6 and would like a copy of the reference materials that you offered to email to the previous poster. It would be greatly appericiated. I have so many questions about this car that I need the reference material to look at things before I can even post a question on the forum. : Oops: So any help would be greatly apperciated. Also, I'm not sure if you can get my email from the forum info. If not please respond to the post and I will post it as soon as I can. I would like to keep it private however.

Thanks for your time.
Ranrex1

Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 7:49 PM