Electrical Issues---Please Help

INTELLIGENT315
  • HONDA ACCORD
My honda's a 1994 Accord 124,000 miles. I bought the car in January, two weeks after I got it I noticed that when I turned my headlights on, there was a delay in the internal lamp to my dash. At night sometimes I can't see my speed/odometer/ gauges until halfway into the trip, even though my headlights are on. Then I noticed that my radio started shorting out. It turns on but the speakers go in and out. This weekend my speedometer stopped working, and my odometer stopped clocking.
Is it possible that they're all related or do I have a lot of work to do? :Cry:
Friday, April 28th, 2006 AT 2:13 PM

LOSONE
It could also be a ground problem. Remove and clean all the under hood grunds from the battery to the frame, from the battery to the engine and from the engine to the vehicle.

If that doesn't work it is an odd problem but isolate the radio from the instrument cluster. I would remove the cluster and use a fresh pencil eraser clean all the contacts on the back of the cluster.

Let me know
Monday, May 1st, 2006 AT 2:04 PM