Electrical and/or fuel injector problem?

ROCDABLOC88
  • HONDA ACCORD
I have two problems which may or may not be related.

I have a 1990 Honda Accord LX w/ 150K miles, 4cyl. It normally runs great, but randomly dies out. So far this has occurred after about 40mi, 10mi, and 8mi over the past 3 weeks, but not every time or trip. Twice this occurred while shifting to 2nd gear and once driving at 50mph on 5th gear. The engine suddenly dies. No warning, no sputtering, and no response from stepping on accelerator. The sensor lights come on a few seconds after the car dies.

The second problem (maybe related), is when I try restarting the car and the engine is hot, it won't restart right away. The engine will crank, but won't turnover. And after the car sit for a few minutes, it will restart. This problem goes back six months earlier during the hot summer months.

Do you know what's causing the engine to die out suddenly and why the engine won't restart when it's hot?

Thanks.
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 AT 4:08 PM

BRUCE HUNT
I would start with a pressure check on the fuel system. You could have a fuel pressure valve or a pump that is starting to wear out.
-1
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 AT 4:13 PM