BRAKE WARNING LIGHT WHILE TURNING

Honda Accord

the_prem

October, 11, 2007 AT 12:51 AM

I have a '95 Honda Accord EX 2.2, about 120,000 miles

Since yesterday, I noticed that the red brake warning light comes on when I make a fast turn. It stays on for a little while and then goes away. There seems to be no problem with actual braking performance. I tried several emergency stops from 40mph on a deserted road, and the car braked straight and true.

I recently (within the past year) had experienced the pedal-fade problem, and my mechanic replaced the master-cylinder.

Since it happens only while making sharp or prolonged turns (such as on a highway ramp), I suspect it is a fluid level problem. So I am wondering whether this is basically a leak in the braking system, is that a big problem and whether I should just think about getting a new car?

fairracing31

October, 11, 2007 AT 1:15 AM

Check the fluid in your master cyclinder to be sure that it is full.

the_prem

October, 11, 2007 AT 12:52 PM

I checked the reservoir earlier this morning and it is at the MIN level. So clearly, the fluid level is low - I can top it off for the time being, but am worried about the root cause.

How big a $$$ is it to get the brake-system properly checked and fixed?

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear