94 Accord LX Brake Switch / Cruise Control

VF-XX
  • 1994 HONDA ACCORD
I have a 94 Accord LX, Sedan with 160000 miles.
Yesterday I couldn't get the car to shift out of park without using the console shift lock release. I also noticed that my brake lights weren't working. However, my cruise control was working.

Based on that I figured my brake light switch had died and I replaced it. Now my car shifts out of park just fine and my brake lights work, but my cruise control is dead. Also the shift lock release solinoid in the console is much louder than before.

Did I install the switch improperly? Did I get the wrong switch? Or is there something else wrong?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I called the dealer and I hadn't properly installed the switch. The plunger on the switch needs to be completely depressed when there is no load on the brake pedal.

The only brake switches I've worked on before were old model Gm's which are adjusted differently.
Thursday, November 9th, 2006 AT 8:52 AM

BRUCE HUNT
Thanks for posting a reply. Nice to hear back!
Friday, November 10th, 2006 AT 2:18 AM