93 Honda Accord - driver back set window is not closing

MRSRINI671
  • 1993 HONDA ACCORD
Hi,

I have 93 Honda Accord LX, and have power windows (all the four doors).

Today when I opened all the doors, it opened, when reached my work place, I was trying to close all the windows, all the windows are closed except the Driver back seat window.

I tried several times to clsoe that window using the button from the driver side as well as passenger side but I could not.

Can any one help me or advise what needs to done.

Regards
Srini
Thursday, August 9th, 2007 AT 10:35 AM

BRUCE HUNT
You might need to take the cover off the door. Remove the inside panel. What you need to look for is whether the window electrical is the problem or the motor or the mechanism that raises and lowers the window. There is one relay under the hood but if it were bad, none of the windows would operate.

There are a couple of options. Once you know the problem, determine what it is you want to do. For instance, take it in and have it repaired, repair it yourself, or what I have done on a civic with the same problem is to just screw the window up in place. The cost for the mechanism from Honda was over $300.
Thursday, August 9th, 2007 AT 10:46 AM
MRSRINI671
Thank you for the answers, Just I went to the car repair center. The problem is because of the some foreign particles gone into it, I think its chuwing gum.
Thats why the door is coming up for one inch. He said it has to open it and remove the particles.

Just I would like to know can I repair it my self using simple screw driver or similar kind of tools.

Regards
Srini
Thursday, August 9th, 2007 AT 2:04 PM
BRUCE HUNT
The door panel is snapped on at the bottom. Use a flat blade to get them loose. Then there is a screw in the door pull and the door handle as well. Slide the door handle to the right and it should move away from the panel. Disconnect the wire connection and carefully uncouple the connector to the push rod. Lift the panel straight up and unplug the wires. Reverse to put back on. When cleaning the door out use some ArmorAll on the window guides to make them softer again and it helps allow the window to slide up more easily and probably faster. You should apply on the other doors but you don't have to take them apart to do it.
Thursday, August 9th, 2007 AT 4:02 PM