93 HONDA ACCORD BRAKE PROBLEMS

• Justinh88
  • 1993 HONDA ACCORD

I have a 93 Honda Accord with 253,000 miles on it. I heard a strange high pitched squealing noise and took it to a Honda Dealership. They told me that the right rear brake caliper was frozen and it had worn down the brake pad and had damaged the rotor and recommended replacing the rotor, caliper, and pad at a total cost of $495. Is that really how much it would cost or is it way overpriced? I've been told that dealerships are usually higher on repairs. How much would u estimate it would cost to fix if I took it somehwere else.

Friday, November 3rd, 2006 AT 10:20 PM

• Bruce Hunt

Caliper with core exchange should run around $60 to 80, pads from $20 to 60 depending on the grade you wish to install, and the rotor new should be around $25. The work is rather easy. So you might get brakes on the rear with the caliper and rotor for as little as $105.

Saturday, November 4th, 2006 AT 7:58 AM