2009 Honda Accord air bag light on

TELEMAN9666
  • 2009 HONDA ACCORD
2009 Honda Accord 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 36000k miles

have honda accord 2009, air bag light on, when I take it to E.C.U programmable, he diagnose that there is code 54-70.I wanna to know this code explain wht?
Thursday, July 1st, 2010 AT 10:47 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi teleman9666,

Here are the description and diagnostic procedures.

DTC 51-XX, 52-XX, 53-XX, 54-XX, 55-XX, 57-XX, 58-XX ("X" CAN BE 0 THRU 9 OR A THRU F): INTERNAL FAILURE OF THE SRS UNIT
NOTE:

" Before troubleshooting any of these DTCs, check the battery/system voltage and battery cable connections. If the voltage is low, repair the charging system or replace the battery before troubleshooting the SRS. If the battery/system voltage is now OK, ask the customer if the battery ever went dead or if the engine was started and run with the battery in a low state of charge. A dead battery may trigger one or more of these DTCs.

" 2-door Before replacing the SRS unit, check the SRS unit software version with the HDS. If the software version is not the latest, update the SRS unit software and retest.
" Clear the DTC memory.

2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), then wait for 10 seconds.

3. Check that the SRS indicator goes off.

4. Does the SRS indicator goes off?

YES - Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Go to TROUBLESHOOTING INTERMITTENT FAILURES. If another DTC is indicated, troubleshoot the DTC.

NO - Replace the SRS unit.
+1
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 AT 2:53 PM