Heater not working properly

PMAKKENA
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD
I observed a strange behavior with my car yesterday. When I started the heater I noticed that the hot air is coming from right side of the vents only and normal air from left.

So went into AC mode I noticed that the cold air is coming from left side of the vent only and normal air from right. Can someone tell me what is the issue?
Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 5:58 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi pmakkena,

You have a temperature blend door actuator that is not working right here is a guide to show you what you are in for when changing the unit out and diagrams below to show you what it will be like for your car:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
Monday, October 27th, 2008 AT 12:03 PM
DENTALFITCHIC
Thank you for this post! I got the part for $67.00 and all fixed. I love this site.
Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 AT 10:41 AM
ROBERT82
  • 2002 HONDA ACCORD
Will not blow hot air. Is only luke-warm at best. Changed the thermostat but still no hot air. What is next?
Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 AT 10:42 AM (Merged)
Check for a clogged heater hose and heater core-could. Also be a heater control valve, air mix/blend door, or a problem with an actuator or vacuum source.

Check this out:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-heater-not-working

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
-1
JASSIMKHATTAK
  • 2002 HONDA ACCORD
  • 150 MILES
Hi,

My car heater has not been working properly. Most of the time it is not even heating. My mechanic has changed the thermostat, flushed the coolant system and checked the blower which is working. He then said he will change the heater core which could be the problem. He has not done that yet, but now says that the engine could be running bad.
Do you think you know what the problem could be. Also, I am thinking to take it to another mechanic for a second opinion.

Thanks for your help!

Moe.
DAVE'S BIG BACKYARD!
Sounds like maybe you have a blown head gasket, it puts air pockets in the cooling system. And yes, I would get someone else to look at it. It never hurts to get another set of eyes on the problem.
LANDONKAMBAN
  • 2002 HONDA ACCORDHONDA ACCORD
V6, 35,000 miles. One day I noticed that the fan is only blowing cold air into the car. When I turn the temperature up, the fan still remains blowing cold air into the car.
Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 AT 10:43 AM (Merged)
FISHERMAN

Check the heater core valve (engine compartment) follow the two hoses from the engine to the firewall to the heater core you will find a valve with a wire (opens and closes that valve) check it could be "stuck" closed.
If good try to "flush" the heater core.

Let us know!

Good luck!
DANNYJENKINS
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD
2005 honda accord coupe heater control mode doesnt change the airflow placement. The mode control motor does work but only with a different power source. Getting. Dtc 3 when I do the self test of the hvac system. What does the dtc 3 code mean and any other heater mode control motor not working. Motor has been tested and is ok getting 5 volts on two different wires to the motor. Self diagnostic test of the system flashes code 3. What does code 3 mean and any other ideas. Thanks!
Monday, October 1st, 2018 AT 10:41 AM (Merged)

the code is telling you the mode actuator is not working here sia guide to show you what you are in for when changing it out with diagrams below to show you on your car.

Here are all blend door locations so you can see how the system works.

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
KRISTENLEE
Thanks for this post I got a new actuator for $54.00 everything woking good once again! I love this site.
SPIROS
  • 2003 HONDA ACCORD
I have checked the fuses and relays they are all good. No air blows out of vents. When I press button to activate air or heat the light doesnt come on on top of switch
DOCFIXIT
Automatic or manual AC? Do cooling fans operate when AC on? AC compressor clutch engage?
Monday, October 1st, 2018 AT 10:42 AM (Merged)