2005 HONDA ACCORD DOOR REMOTE AFTER CHANGING WINDOW MASTER

• Jennessee
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD

2005 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 110000 miles

After changing my window master switch, my remote is not working anymore. I tried to reprogram
it as folow, but without success. What could be the problem or what I'm doing wrong?

KEYLESS ENTRY PROGRAMMING
Have all remotes for the vehicle on hand.
Make sure all the doors and rear hatch/trunk are closed during programming.
Only need to use 1 remote to get into program mode but all remotes must be programmed during the same session.
Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.
1. Sit in the car with all doors/trunk tightly closed
2. Turn the key to the ON position, marked by “II" on the ignition bezel so the dash lights come on, then within 5 seconds press the “Lock" button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the button.
3. Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by “I" on the ignition bezel – dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times (A total of 4 times) – each step must be done within 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the 4th turning of the key to “ON", press the lock button on one remote, the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk), locks will NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off.
6. Within 5 seconds of entering programming mode and within 5 seconds of each other, press the lock button ON EACH remote you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step needs to be completed within 10 seconds. Each time a remote button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be programmed.
7. Turn ignition completely off and remove the key. Step out of car and close door. The remotes should be programmed and should work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature needs to be held for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will “pop".

Sunday, December 20th, 2009 AT 5:58 AM

• Johfra

07 Honda accord 4 dr ex. Only the drivers window would work but the other three would not. $280 for the part at the dealer versus $75 at the wrecking yard. So I replaced the master switch on the driver side which I purchased from wrecking yard. Had same problem with the remotes not working, went through the sequences as you had written, it worked great I really appreciate it thank you !

Friday, December 2nd, 2016 AT 1:31 PM